Horse Riding Lessons for Children and Adults
Lessons at Second Nature Farm
Lesson Attire and Requirements:
- Jump vest required for all jump lessons
- Riders must wear boots with a hard 1/2-inch heel (no sneakers, sandals, or flat-bottom shoes allowed)
- Riders must wear long pants. Please do not wear tank tops. Chaps or half chaps are optional.
- All riders must wear a helmet. It is best to bring your own to ensure proper fit, but if you don’t have one, we have plenty to share.
- Due to age and size of our lesson ponies, we are unable to accommodate beginner riders over 180 lbs.
Scheduling and Cancellation Policies:
- Lessons are 45 minutes from start to finish. Riding time is approximately 30 minutes.
- Instruction is also provided on how to groom and properly tack up your horse. We will teach you both how to ride and to have excellent horsemanship skills.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your scheduled lesson time to provide adequate preparation time before meeting with your instructor. Being late will cut into your lesson time.
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes late, your lesson will be cancelled, and you will be charged full price.
- You must give 24 hours’ notice of any cancellations, or you will be charged the full price of a lesson.
- The instructor reserves the right to limit lesson time due to lack of concentration, low stamina, or weather conditions.
Lesson Etiquette for Students and Spectators:
- No running in or around the barn, arena, or pastures.
- Family members are always welcome to attend the lesson, but please do not disturb students during their lesson.
- We will not be responsible for supervising siblings/friends of students. Please keep a close eye on young children while at our facility.
- Please leave your family dog at home.
- We are not responsible for students after their scheduled lesson time had ended.